Dear Hubs:
First, I mean "dear" in a totally unsinister way. Really.
I know you do not understand why an approaching period would make someone so cranky. Why, you wonder, must this be such an ordeal every month?
I'm not even going to attempt to explain hormones and their effects. Instead, here are some pointers to help ensure your survival during this time:
1.) Do not attribute my bad mood to PMS. I know I'm in a bad mood. Even when I'm ranting at you for daring to exist, I'm thinking: Wow, I have reached a new, all-time high in irrationality. By pointing out the obvious, you will put me in a worse (read: scary) mood.
2.) Instead of inquiring when my period is due, the implication being that I am acting like an irrational beeyotch, you would be better off volunteering to feed and bathe the children while I brood over how certain people (you) have wronged me in recent days.
3.) Definition of "wronging" me:
a.) Breathing in my direction
b.) Looking at me
c.) Making any references, joking or otherwise, to S-E-X
4.) Speaking of, do NOT ask how many more days "we" have to go because you are wondering when marital relations will resume. I am already bitter about my six-day period. I do NOT need you to remind me of just how freaking long it is.
5.) Do not EVER, EVER, EVER AGAIN eat the last chocolate chip cookie.
6.) What part of SUPER ABSORBENT do you not understand? When I specify SUPER ABSORBENT, I am, indeed, requesting that you purchase industrial-strength tampons. Do not take it upon yourself to decide I might like to "try something new."
7.) MOST IMPORTANT RULE: When in doubt about what constitutes appropriate behavior (from you), simply nod and say, "You're right. I understand."
8.) Remember our friend Cindy's theory about PMS: Sufferers are not experiencing irrationality, but rather, moments of sudden clarity.
I'll sign off now so that you can process that last part.
Ever So Lovingly and With Only Good Will Toward Man,
Your Wife
18 comments:
You are a wise, wise woman.
I may print this out and post for my husband. You don't mind do you? Consider it a public service.
Amen.
ug. I have no words.
LOL! And I thought my hubs had it bad.
That is classic! Do you allow free distribution? :)
Julie
Using My Words
Cathy - this letter was so cute - so funny! I loved #5,6 & 7!!! I need to copy this, and give it to my hubby! See ya.
I choked in our last chocolate chip cookie reading #6! "industrial-strength tampons. " and "Do not take it upon yourself to decide I might like to "try something new." ROTFLOL!
PMS, I am honestly happy to be pregnant!
This must be marketed!
And I wish I were pregnant but I love my IUD too. No period in sight for months!
Husbands should just learn to parrot "yes dear" all the time.
Oh yes. The implication that I am only bitching because of PMS (even if it's true) will send me over the edge every single time.
Here, here!
I may have to copy this and send it to my husband.
Hear, Hear!
sometimes i just wish i could give him a new brain -- a woman's brain
alas, i think that might hurt
Cathy you crack me up. I'll be sending my hubby over to read your post. He could use the help....
8-)
I love number one, new highs in irrationality indeed! You are so awesome, and funny, and true.
You mean to tell me your husband actually buys tampons for you? Mine doesn't have the rocks to do that. Oh no he doesn't. I mean, I could be laid up with pneumonia for God's sake and say "Oh man, I can't believe this too on top of not being able to breathe." And he'd look at me like "Um, have a nice safe drive around the corner. Try not to cough up too much of your crud onto my steering wheel."
So, I was chuckling at:
"Do not EVER, EVER, EVER AGAIN eat the last chocolate chip cookie. "
but then you continued with
"When I specify SUPER ABSORBENT, I am, indeed, requesting that you purchase industrial-strength tampons. Do not take it upon yourself to decide I might like to "try something new."
And I just about fell off the couch. So now I have to explain to my children why I am laughing. Hmmm...please don't be so funny in the future. It's causing problems for me!
Heidi
LOL! I can't wait to see your rant when you hit menopause!
Post a Comment