... tomorrow.
Scene: Living room. Hubs and Cathy are relaxing after children have been tucked in.
HUBS: (waggles eyebrows in what is meant to be a suggestive manner) So? How 'bout it?
CATHY: That's it? That's your big come-on? Lame. So totally lame. (she returns to either her book or the computer or HGTV)
HUBS: But it's been three weeks.
CATHY: (never looking up) One week.
HUBS: That's seven days.
CATHY: I have cramps.
(silence)
'
CATHY: Tomorrow.
HUBS: You always say "tomorrow."
CATHY: I do not.
HUBS: You said "tomorrow" last night.
CATHY: Oh. Yeah. OK, well, how about tomorrow?
(Snort from the chronically frustrated person in the room. Hint: Not the one who's immersed in House Hunters.
HUBS: But ... tomorrow never comes.
CATHY: Nope. And tonight -- (remainder of response deleted due to obviousness and continuing attempts to squash my innate crudeness.)
** Anyone know which country music song my deprived spouse was quoting from? Please tell me I'm not the only one who knew immediately.
12 comments:
Cathy! My husband feels your husband's pain. I say he is NOT deprived, he says he is constantly deprived. It's a never-ending thing! And even if I agree one night, the *very next day* we are back to it again. So what's my incentive, I ask ya?!
House Hunters...now you're talking!
Heidi :)
hahahaha! totally.
Garth Brooks? If Tomorrow Never Comes?
My hubby is similarly frustrated, except for what we call "prime time" when he is called upon to preform on demand, whether he wants to or not.
Baby #2 isn't wanting to come and I'm not getting any younger. I say save those healthy swimmers for prime time and quit whining the rest of the time!
My husband is deprived. I found the Maxim mag in the bathroom and say more power to him.
(oops, I should have deleted for crudeness too eh?)
Hilarious!
I'm trying to type while giggling at Dawn224's comment. Must check out her blog!
I've given you award, one of the only two you must not have yet. Just one a day though so come by and grab it!
LOL! That used to be SO us. But recently, my libido has kicked into overdrive. I guess I'm peaking or something. Husband is a happy man these days.
ha ha ha!! Glad I'm not the only one who's rarely in the mood!
hmmmm, Hubs is 12 years older than me... 'nuff said... I don't fit in this conversation LOL
I love how seven days feels like three weeks when it's sex he's wanting, but when I say it's been three weeks since we cleaned the house, he's all didn't we just clean last week?
If tomorrow never comes... wail, wail! I can't remember the rest of the words... will she still something that I loved her...
LOL! I've decided to adopt the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" approach...giving regularly and willingly (but never, mind you...never EVER when House Hunters is on!!). It throws the Hubby off and tires him out. Works for days on end. =)
Post a Comment