Friday, November 30, 2007

I was walking (falling) in Memphis

After spending an afternoon and evening in Memphis (for a story) the photographer and I decided to go eat before heading out.

We were wandering downtown, mulling our many options, when I tripped over -- well, nothing really. Maybe my own two klutzy feet?

With arms extended, I flew forward.

"Oh my God!" I heard the photographer exclaim. As in, oh my God, why is the reporter airborne?

I mean, one minute we're discussing sushi and the next minute I'm sprawled on a sidewalk.

As I landed on my hands and knees, the photographer reached down, looped his arms under my pits and hauled me to my feet.

Oh, the shame!

And the first thought to flash through my mind was, I have re-injured my shoulder and
will have to return to Hot Doctor and explain how I have managed twice in one year to fail a Superman audition.


Thankfully, I suffered only scraped hands and bruised knees.

The photographer with me was the guy who took the Barbie pictures. I've seen them, and it wasn't Ken she was boinking, but GI Joe. And whoever passes for PJ these days. More on that tomorrow. (Oh, and he said he would give me pics to post.)

8 comments:

Kellan said...

That was so funny - in a scary, flying through the air - sort of way! Glad you were okay. And ... I don't know if I'm ready for these "porn" photos - I haven't gotten the thought of the image completely out of my head since I heard about them the other day. What will my mind do with actual images? Have a good weekend.

carrie said...

Yikes! Glad you're okay.

Maybe you can come up with another reason to visit the hot doctor?

Family Adventure said...

Can't wait to see those pix.

Glad you're all right, apart from the bruised ego.

Heidi :)

Julie Pippert said...

Glad you're okay...but maybe you need a checkup anyway. ;)

And luckily the photographer was in too much shock to snap any pics...or was he? ;)

Julie
Using My Words

MadMad said...

Well now it all makes sense. GI Joe is WAY hotter than Ken!

Amy @ Taste Like Crazy said...

Were you on Beale St? :)

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Oh! Poor you!
I agree with madmad, GI joe is definitely hotter;)
gosh that just sounds so wrong.

the new girl said...

At least the photog picked you up..

and didn't start snapping great shots of you splayed on the sidewalk.