Saturday, November 17, 2007

I didn't know rats came super-sized

This morning, Hubs knocked on the bathroom door.

He was jubilant.

"Come see what I caught underneath the sink."

I knew better than to look. I did.

But I couldn't resist taking a peek at whatever had been causing all the ruckus in recent weeks.

Somehow "eek" seems inadequate.

Turns out a huge mutant rat has been living with us. The thought of that ... beast ... romping through my house makes me want to never take off my shoes again. Or open the sink cabinet.

Still, ding-dong the rat is dead and all that.

Oh, and Hubs shot another buck. Quite a week for him.

Current tally: Two deer and Rambo the Rat.

p.s. Remembered this morning -- Traci was Posh, not Sporty.

10 comments:

Keeping It Real said...

Yay!!! So glad your mutant rat problem is over. Way to go hubs! That'll learn 'em.

Family Adventure said...

Ooohh...I don't like the thought of a Mutant Rat. Anywhere. Even if it's across the ocean from me. I am very grateful to your hubster for dealing with the problem. And I trust it was a *single* rat with no known relatives!

Heidi

Kellan said...

He, you husband, is quite the hunter!!! Nice to have him around - especially to catch RAMBO RATS! EEEEEK!

Thanks, Cathy, for coming over and leaving the nice Anniversary wish. Have a great (rat free) weekend and see you soon. Kellan

theotherbear said...

Let's just hope the rat wasn't a mummy rat.

dawn224 said...

Oh my eyes just rolled back in my head in horror...

ShannanB said...

Wow. He shot another deer? That is pretty good. I know guys that don't shoot two the entire season.

Paige said...

Ewwwww...but at least it's gone.

Was the rat as big as the deer?

Anonymous said...

Finally! That is fantastic news.

MyThreeBlogs said...

Wowza! I have to say, I get a bit wobbly thinking about the little wee mouse I have living in my kitchen... a rat... not sure I could remain as calm as you did!

Nadine said...

I'm glad you caught it! I would have been SO scared. in our previous home we have seen two little mice. And the made me VERY nervous. I cannot imagine dealing with a huge rat.