For years, I've balked at getting a headset for my phone. I've questioned its usefulness and made fun of the reporters who use one.
Part of my issue is that you can't tell who's on the phone and who isn't, as many people leave their headsets on even when they aren't on the phone.
And besides, they just look ... silly.
In the past few weeks, however, I've spent more hours than usual interviewing people by phone.
Yesterday, after I couldn't uncrick my neck, I caved.
I am now the proud owner of a headset.
And yeah, I feel like a hypocritical geek every time I use it.
EDITED TO ADD: I'm not talking about a cell phone ear piece thingy. This is a headset for my desk phone. I don't even own a cell. (Another form of rebellion, yes. HATE the cell phones.)
Here's how it looks ----
9 comments:
I beg you to not walk around with the bluetooth attached to you - do what ya gotta do when ya gotta do ... but please, never go to the grocery store like that .... k?
I agree with the above. You will get laughed at if you walk around talking to nobody!
But, yippee for your neck!!! It will love you . . .
I had one of those in my office a good 15 years ago--it was FABulous for a job where you have to input information into a computer while talking on the phone. Saving your neck trumps dorkiness EVERY time.
Hey be a dork, but be a dork without neck pain, I always say.
Wait, do I say that? Well I do now!
I think they're quite pretty. Did you get them in green?
See, I thought we'd see YOU sporting the headset. With a big happy smile on your face. What happened?
Heidi :)
Okay a headset at work MAKES SENSE. Do not feel too hypocritical, or if it starts, recall the crick feeling.
It's those little things in the ear that are cell phones.
One time, I'd just met this lady---a new member of a club I'm in---and ran into her at a craft store (I know, how weird, what were either of us doing there?). I walked up and said, hello! And she looks at me, smiles and says, "That's what I thought, can you do that tomorrow?" And I said, "What? How are you?" And she nods again to me and then says, "No, tomorrow, by 2 p.m."
I got a weird look on my face, so she holds up a "just a minute finger" and points to her ear.
When I got over thinking she was CRAZY I realized she meant she had some phone on her ear.
I walked off...I mean WTF I'm going to loiter there while she has a phone conversation, waiting for her to say hello back? It was meant to be in passing!
Err okay so hope you don't mind pet peeve rants on your blog LOL!
Julie
Using My Words
I cannot imagine not having a cell. Though I have to admit, it's turned of most of the time. Somehow that seems to bug people ;)
Oooh! Jealous.
Post a Comment