Monday, October 15, 2007

Yikes! Was a I carrying a litter?

Ever look at your pregnancy photos and wonder how the hell you navigated sidewalks without mowing down any innocents -- you know, small children, pets...? Hell, I probably could have taken out a Mack truck.

Pregnancy "bump" my ass.

(And I do mean my ass. Looks like something's gestating back there too, doesn't it?)



But no. Only one baby's in there, and he weighed in at only 6 pounds, 12 ounces. Which means I can blame only the vast quantities of Mexican food and peanut M&Ms I consumed, not that sweet, tiny baby.

Doesn't he look as though he duked his way out of the uterus?



I'm finally going through all the photos stored on our laptop, just in case you were wondering why I keep dragging you down MY memory lane. I am a terrible mother. Have found pics of my daughter's SECOND birthday. She turns five in February. And I'm just now organizing photos. Oh, the shame.

15 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Loving the pictorial walk down memory lane. He looks ADORABLE. Sometimes I wish mine had stayed like that. Especially when they've been fighting all day :)

And about the photos - we are the same there. My digital ones have been saved on disks that I do not know where are, the hard copy ones are all in a drawer. In a state of complete anarchy. One day...

Good luck with your organization. Looking forward to seeing more pix.

- Heidi

dawn224 said...

Sweet baby - and we know he duked his way out....

I said my baby was going to be a mix of jalepeno poppers, frozen peaches and chocolate pudding - a friend commented "at least you know it will be something you love"

jeanie said...

Ha - my analog ones are all still in a box, and my baby is about to turn 8 - it still pops up on my "to do" list every once in a while!!!

I had the beached whale look down pat - and my sister photographed it growing every month - but then 'Salina was an 8 1/2 pounder who still is in "a good paddock".

Kellan said...

What a precious baby! You were big! I was big too (all three times) - one time there was twins, but still didn't account for the 89 lb. weight gain. See Ya.

Amie Adams said...

Oh I love smooshy baby pictures.

Warning: serious baby pangs happening over here. Seriously though, four children? I don't think I could handle it.

flutter said...

LOL duked his way out..

He is so adorable

Anonymous said...

That's precisely why I don't take pregnancy photos! I have only one from my pregnancy with Delaney and I think a few were unwittingly taken of me at a party last week while pregnant with #2. Sometimes you just can't avoid those dang cameras...

OhTheJoys said...

I weighed 70 pounds more than I do today on the delivery dates of both of my children.

YOOOGE.

MadMad said...

I was also a 70 pound gainer... and I was on the 8-year-plan to take it all (well, OK, almost all) off, so I hear ya'. And... while my first child has every move catalogued on both video and scrapbook, the second? NOTHING! Just about half a video tape, and not a single photo taken OFF the computer and put into a book of any type. Not one. So. (That's me, always handy and available for bad mommy comparisons, whenever you are looking for someone to make you feel better about your own skills, or lack thereof...)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could type the sound of a horn that blows when a barge is coming through. That's the sound you'd hear when I was coming down the sidewalk preggers.

Tuesday Girl said...

I was HUGE. I had two BIG babies in there, btu still, it was obscene.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

1QOUWa Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.