... by Colleen via Musing Mama to describe a "Real Mom."
Kristin started this, and I highly recommend not only a visit to her site, but also Mominatrix, which I started reading after Angela emailed this column to me.
So here goes —
Real Moms:
Have been reading the same damn book — 30 minutes at a time — for the past two months.
Subscribe to parenting magazines but either never find the time to read them, or, if they do, prefer to make fun of the stupid Pollyanna people featured in all the stories and ads rather than follow any of the insipid advice offered by these podlings.
Wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat because they can't remember whether they remembered to buy a card and present for Teacher Appreciation Day.
Never run out of creative excuses to avoid sex, not because they find their husbands unattractive, but because they're simply too tired. (And still trying to finish that book.)
Never finish the laundry.
1 comment:
I wake up in a cold sweat because I can't remember what Noah's taking for show-and-tell.
Post a Comment