I was eight months pregnant with my first child and o-b-s-e-s-s-e-d with food.
On that fateful, dreary winter evening, Hubs and 11-year-old Stepson went to a nearby fast food restaurant to pick up burgers.
I was very specific:
Cheeseburger with mustard, onions and everything else. All. The. Way. Make that extra onions.
What I got:
Hamburger. No cheese. Mayo instead of mustard. And nary an onion.
"This is not what I wanted," I sobbed. "There's ... no (gasp, choke) ...
cheeeeeese... no onion ... They didn't even give me lettuce ... (sob) or tomato -- oh my God, is this mayonnaise?!"
Now try to picture a crazed, gigantic preggo stuffed into sweatpants and a paint-stained T-shirt. Watch as she grabs a slice of American cheese, slaps it on her burger and shoves it into the microwave, ranting about the uncaring fast-food workers and Hubs' seeming unconcern about her dietary needs.
See how Hubs cowers in the living room? See poor Stepson, crouched over his food at the kitchen table, trying to shrink into his chair as the meltdown gains momentum?
"Don't you understand? I wanted cheese. Mustard. And onions... (gasp, sob) How could they get all of it wrong?"
Crazy woman hauls the hamburger from the microwave and examines it.
"The cheese isn't melting! Our microwave is broken. I am STARVING!"
Hubs ducks into the bedroom.
Crazy woman slams the microwave door.
Stepson looks up fearfully from the table. "Um. Here. You can have mine. It doesn't have any onions or mustard, but there's cheese."
Weeping stepmother accepts the offering, and, after scarfing it down in minutes, finally remembers to thank the traumatized boy.
Eighteen months later, she will wonder why Stepson looks so frightened when she announces her second pregnancy.
16 comments:
oh honey *pat pat pat*
Your poor stepson...heh
Oh my LOL!
Hey all you did was go postal over a burger. I upped and MOVED TO TEXAS.
See? It could have been worse. :)
Julie
Using My Words
That is hysterical!
Smart stepson though. Keep the pregnant girl happy.
Prenancy hormones should with a warning label for all males. As far as I'm concerned you were expecting one and you weren't as adaptable and you are normally. HUGS!
Oh yeah. Pregnancy is fun. But thankfully, I only had a three year old to terrorize the second time around. I think, at 12.5, he may be over it.
Haha! Poor kid. At least he had the good sense to offer a substitute. Who knows what could have happened had the freak out continued!
ha!!! I about murdered the lady at Sonic who had the gall to bring me the wrong order when I was pregnant. I WANTED THE #2 SONIC CHEESEBURGER WITH EVERYTHING EXCEPT ONIONS AND TATER TOTS! Don't screw with a pregnant woman and her food.
Ah. But I do miss how PERFECT Dr. Pepper tasted to me in my second trimester.
Are you sure it wasn't about fresh mait? Because I can GET that.
OMG - so glad to know I wasn't the only one doing things like this... Funnily enough, yesterday, when I read your earlier post about the table, I thought to myself... ah, that's not soooo bad, to care about the table.... she shoulda seen me when I was pregnant...
Sigh, I remember those meltdowns.
I would've cried too!
Hahaha! Awww, well, as being pregnant again myself I know how important it is to get your burger just right. :)
Haha! I guess you really were hungry, to take a sandwich from a boy. ;)
My friend wanted only strawberry shortcake during her first pregnancy.
Great story!
OMG, you are HILARIOUS!
Post a Comment