Last night, we stayed here, on our way to here.
Drinks at the White Buffalo Bar, a cozy hotel room (with creaky floors and a creaky bed, which wouldn't have been a problem except our second-floor room was right above the front desk)...
Damn it, Martha, I told you not to give Room No. 9 to any particularly affectionate-looking couples. If they're canoodling, they don't get No. 9!
But she was complaining of a headache when they checked in.
Yeah, well now I have a headache.
Ah yes, good times...
... comfy bed, lovely squooshy pillow, a cool breeze blowing through our open window...
... and then this, at 7 a.m.
Hubs: Hey! It's already 7! We need to get moving! (Yes, he speaks in exclamation points)
Cathy: mmmmphfff
The bed creaks as Hubs climbs out. The floors creak as he rummages for clothes, his glasses, his wallet... finally, the door closes and Cathy resumes drowsing.
Ten minutes later, he's back.
Hubs: Hey! I brought you some coffee!
Cathy: mmmphfff
Hubs: I'll put it right here next to you! Why don't I turn this lamp on?!
Cathy: mmmhphff grrr mmmmphfff
Pause. Hubs lingers.
Cathy: Why don't you go down to the lobby and look at some of those photography books or something. Just go ... wander.
Creak, creak, creak. Door opens and closes. Cathy drifts off.
Five minutes later.
Hubs: I'm back! I read all the signs and brochures! Ready for breakfast?!
Cathy: mmmphffff Coffee's cold. Need more.
Hubs: I'll go get it!
He bounds from the room, creak, creak, creak. Door blessedly closes.
Five minutes later.
Hubs: OK! Here it is!
Cathy: mmmmphfff 'mk
How, how do these people function? How can anyone bound from the bed and morph into freaking Pollyanna at 7 a.m. On vacation.
That's OK. I'll get even. When he crashes in the tent tonight, I'll start my grousing.
"It's cold. I'm cold. Are you cold?"
Nudge, nudge.
"I have to pee. Where's the flashlight?"
Nudge, nudge.
"Did you hear that noise? It sounds like something chewing grass. That! Did you hear it?! Do you think the javelinas are back?!
"Hey, mind if I read for awhile? I'll just use this camping lantern. Will that bother you?"
Click.
14 comments:
So was that you in room #9??!! Bow chicka bow wow!
I've never been a morning person. Wish I were, but it will never happen.
Ugh! On Vacation??? No way! I like your plans for getting even though ;-)
You have no idea how close this is to my real life.
The morning people. They should all go live on the moon, or something!
Hahahha. My hubby is a morning person too. If I had known this, I'd probably be single now. In fact, his whole family is cheerful at, get this, 5am! OY! Me, happily sleeping until at least 9am. It's a mixed marriage.
Ok, make that 3 am and you have my house.
Msn I sm thsnkful that mine is a night owl like me, that must be terrible
:)
The Mayor and I are not morning people either, but K and The Rooster ARE. Damn their happy @sses.
Let's just say, you know, hypothetically, that I'm your Hubs and Steve is you. Can we still be friends?
Me and the husband are both not morning people. Sadly, the children are, but I am working on reprogramming them.
That's so our marriage except I'm both the morning person who annoys my husband and also the tent complainer who further annoys him. Love me anyway? ;)
More vacation fun! LOL
Julie
Using My Words
Sounds like the birth control situation was rememdied! Ha!
Oh, dear. I'm with julie here, except that I'm also whining (A LOT) about being in a tent in the first place... I'm really just no fun, is what it all boils down to.
Oh joy, morning people. There's no solution for them.. maybe earplugs.
Morning people suck, says the nightowl.
Post a Comment