I TAKE IT ALL BACK!!
OK, first -- today. It is sunny. And dry. Which means I am finally taking a break from building our family ark and ... blogging. Yes, I finally remembered I have a blog — once, that is, I peeled open my eyes, chugged some coffee and thanked the sweet heavens for not spitting and spewing on us last night.
Sleep, how I have missed thee.
For weeks, we have tried to doze alongside the children wallowing in our bed. We have been awakened every 10 minutes by a panicked dog pacing our bedroom and scrabbling against the wood floors each time it thunders. (How can a deaf dog — the dog I'm constantly afraid has died because she doesn't hear me calling for her — how can this hearing-impaired canine possibly know that it is thundering? How?)
But this morning — glorious! I am refreshed. I am renewed. I feel so good that I have vowed to to spend tomorrow painting our 1950s minty-green-and-peach-tiled bathroom.
Voice drops to a whisper: The real reason I'm in such a wonderful mood is that I am FINALLY losing weight.
My motivation?
This photo from Easter weekend:

Now before you attempt to console me, take a gander at this one, just for the sake of perspective. This was taken a mere two years ago:

Clearly, action had to be taken.
9 comments:
Good luck with the weight loss - I am also trying to lose a few lbs. Cute picture of you with the kids - both pictures!!
Have a good weekend - see you soon - Kellan
Even as I eat for two, I look to the day when I have to lose every pound that goes on and then some. I'll be right behind you in a couple months.
And do you have two of the cutest offspring in America?
You can do it. I have faith in you, and I will support you all the way!
I hear you.
Good for you!
I'm thinking of blowing up the tell-tale picture of me and plastering it on the fridge door. What do you think - too much?
Heidi
You can do it!
Oh I hear you, woman.
My inspiration shot was one in my mind when I saw in the bathroom mirror backfat - ugh!
Yes! I didn't gain my weight while carrying my kids like all the books told me I would, I gained it AFTER. And yes, Jenny McCarthy you bitch, I totally breastfed! For a year each! So why the weight, huh? HUH??
Sorry, I forgot this was about you and not me for a second, as I often do in the comment section.
Yay for losing weight! :)
You can't take back that post! I loved it.
And you rock, no matter what you weigh.
Post a Comment