... bless you, Mrs. C. for this.
I hate clutter. I am constantly picking things up and returning them to their rightful spots. (Or, if an item belongs to Hubs, quite possibly donating it. shhh...)
I do my best, but alas -- I am outnumbered. Two tots plus a packrat husband.
Which is why, on Saturday mornings, our living room looks like this:

Look past that cute little boy trying to ride his toy firetruck. See the nightgown on the table? The coffee cups? All that *shudder* clutter?
Now imagine that, over the years, you have been forced repeatedly to enter your husband's ex-wife's pristine home. Some women complain about ex-wives who are prettier or thinner.
Me, I'm jealous of whatever enables her to ward off dust mites.
In the past, we would visit and I would wonder, "How, how does she manage it?"
And then I would remember -- oh, yeah ... she divorced the packrat.
I wouldn't go to such extremes, don't get me wrong. However, if the Hubs should ever again leave town for any duration, Goodwill will be getting quite the haul.
Anybody want Grandma Hattie's faded, yellowing, mothball-scented pillowcases?
Oops! Forgot. Gave those away last year. Sorry.
My biggest fantasy? Packaging up all Hubs' clutter and depositing it on the ex's doorstep with a little note that reads:
Didn't you forget something?
17 comments:
Oh I love you
I think you should do it. Surely she's obliged to take half of all crap gathered during the years she was married to him?!
That's it! I'll divorce my husband!
THANK YOU! :)
(seriously, it might allllmost be worth it...)
My husband's a packrat, too. I hear ya.
Heidi
I hear ya. My husband has palpitations if I throw away the socks without mates. But that might just be because he's cheap.
If my hubby divorces me, the packrat of the family, I will blame you. *grin*
Hahahahahahahaha! Excellent. Totally had me cracking up at the end!
Sadly, I am the packrat in our house. Can you divorce yourself?
Thanks for playing along, late or not!
Haha! LOL! "she divorced the packrat. "
It is the SAME here! I was planning to post about it. During the week when the husband is at work, it is clean and tidy (as tidy as a house with a new born gets..) But on Saturdays and Sundays? CLUTTER EXPLOSION! The drama. And I can't return stuff to an ex-wife.
What's worse is that my husband is a colossal clutter maker and then he gripes about a messy house.
It is all I can do to bite my tongue!
Hahahahaha! I think it's a great idea!
Unfortunately I am the packrat of my combination also. During my previous relationship I seemed to be far more clutter-free - but I now know that was a comparative measure.
I don't know - clean rooms mean really lonely and empty. sad I say!
When we moved to this house a couple of years ago, we filled--FILLED--a giant dumpster with husband-junk. And a pickup truckload. Now I feel like I could do it AGAIN. It would be under protest from the hubs, but I could do it again.
Oh my lord, that pic of the coffee table killed me! And I don't know how you stand the packrat thing. Luckily, mine is pretty good about getting rid of junk. Now if only he wasn't a master procrastinator with pretty much everything else, he'd be close to perfect.
Hahaha, I wish I could blame my husband, but sadly, it's mostly my clutter. I can, however, blame him for the utter lack of organization.
Oh crap - and here I was thinking we'd have this wonderful friendship... but, I must admit - I'm a packrat when it comes to computer stuff or electronics... or books... or coffee mugs/tea cups... ummm - you don't like me so much now, do ya? crap.
hehe
Post a Comment