Sunday, February 17, 2008

Oh, the ingratitude!

I nursed my son for a year. He was a biter.

That said, I'd like share conversation the car today:

TOOTIE: OK, you can have this baby. (She hands her little brother a doll.) But you can't give her milk from your boobs. Only mommies do that. You're not a mommy.

E-MAN: Huh?

TOOTIE: You don't have boobs.

E-MAN: Huh?

CATHY: That's where the milk comes from, honey.

E-MAN: That's yuck!

CATHY: Huh?

14 comments:

ShannanB said...

Who was it, Rodney Dangerfield I think that said,
"I get no respect, no respect I tell ya!"

flutter said...

I think I love the phrase "That's yuck!"

It's so applicable to such a myriad of situations

Anonymous said...

At least Tootie doesn't insist that he has boobs. It took me forever to explain to Elliot that only mommies could nurse a baby and that daddy did not possess the necessary equipment.

-andi

Anonymous said...

Their little memories are so fascinating to me. They can carry on ad nauseum about a toy they want or a cookie they "need," but when it comes to their initial food source they're all "ewwww."

Maggie Ginsberg-Schutz said...

I agree with Flutter (as usual). I'm going to see how many times today I can say "That's yuck!"

(and though I quit nursing years ago, my kids still bite me.) ;)

Misty DawnS said...

I agree with Flutter and Maggie - such a simple yet useful phrase!

Julie Pippert said...

LOL...that's kids for you I guess LOL.

carrie said...

Ungrateful little . . . I could totally hear my daughter explaining to a little bro if she had one. Why is it that the boys don't ask these questions about "boobies?" Seems they're only interested in them when they hit puberty - and then not for "yuck."

Nadine said...

Hahahaha! Do you have photos of breastfeeding him? I'd totally show him :)

Victoria said...

I'm going to use "That's yuck" in a business meeting today, I swear!

Funny - he'll probably come full circle and love Boobs again some day. Hopefully he won't be a biter then. =)

Life As I Know It said...

They'll never truly appreciate what we do for them!

Family Adventure said...

He's already a little man.

Heidi

Keeping It Real said...

They'll never fully appreciate the sacrifices our breasts made for them.

Little ingrates.

Don Mills Diva said...

Sounds like a typical man to me - sheesh!