Tonight, I forced a groaning Hubs to watch Brooke Shields' new show, Lipstick Jungle.
At the end, during a poignant moment shared by Brooke and her girlfriends, Hubs remarked, "And to think, I once asked that girl to dance, and her Mommy said no."
????????!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!
It seems that when Hubs was a 20-year-old college senior at the University of Houston, the student newspaper sent him to photograph a movie premiere for Tilt.
During the autograph signing, my husband generously provided the young starlet with a pen.
Later, when the disco music started (this was 1979), he noticed Brooke sitting with her mom. She looked like she wanted to dance, but no one was asking.
Hubs wandered over.
"Hey, would like to dance?" he asked.
Brooke looked at her mom.
Mama Shields looked at Hubs and answered for her daughter. "No, not right now."
Too bad for Brooke.
My Hubs is a fabulous dancer.
21 comments:
Get out!!
And to think I was all surprised the other day when my husband revealed that he knew about anal bleaching before me.
Your hubs is the man! What's his best dance move? I have to know.
P
Put the man in a country bar, and he commands the floor, especially during a waltz. We hooked up at The Electric Cowboy, formerly known as BJ's Star-Studded Honky Tonk, a dance hall favored by Paula Jones. Yep, that Paula.
Anyway, just a few waltzes and I was making out with the man in the parking lot. Ah, memories...
Good on you for scoring a Dancing Man!!!
LOL may mean nothing to you, but my 13yo sister once got asked to a barbeque by Alan Border - my parents kyboshed that also.
Oh but Cathy, imagine if she had said yes...he may have lost out on the opportunity to meet YOU.
Heidi :)
That is too cool!
My husband doesn't dance which is good for me because I am a horrible dancer too!
wow! and according to Kathy Griffin, Brooke mom is a nutty nutty woman :)
Very cool! There was just an article about her saying how controlling her mother was.
I meant to catch that show last night, but missed it...was it any good?
WTH?
How old was she that she let her mama answer for her? Or did they have some weird relationship thingy going on?
That is one awesome brush with fame story!
That is a very cool story!!
that is so COOL! well not really, because he totally could have taught her to boogie
What a great story!! How funny! I've never met anyone famous. Have a good weekend Cathy - see you soon. Kellan
He should have turned and asked the controlling mama to dance - might have softened her up a little LOL
I'm glad you found him though Cathy - it makes for great blogging material ;-)
No way! Cool! (Though I have to say, now that I have an 11-year-old, I probably would have said no, too. In fact, I think I'm going to accompany her to all her dances from now on....)
OH. MAH. GAAAAWD!!!!!!
That is TOO. COOL.
ohmygahd.
Seriously, I'm all verklempt.
Awesome.
How cool, cannot believe he never mentioned it before
Obviously, you said yes!!! :)
Her loss.
I like Brooke Shields, but I couldn't get into 'Lipstick Jungle' when I tried to watch it the other day. It's just another 'Sex and the City' wannabe to me.
Awesome story, anyway.
omg, that is crazy.
She is so missing out!
That is incredible! Now you can tease your hubs like crazy . . .
Post a Comment