I should not have made fun of the little girl's giant bow.
I should not have made fun of her preppy parents.
I still contend, however, that overly aggressive 7-year-olds should NOT be allowed to jump in a Little Tykes inflatable along with the 3-year-olds.
Seven-year-olds are much bigger than 3-year-olds.
And this particular 7-year-old was a bully.
And there's the not-inconsequential matter of said 7-year-old's giant, lethal-looking boots, which her parents refused to remove. I'm assuming they were an integral part of her outfit. (Oops! More snarkiness!)
And for the record, I would still make this contention even if she hadn't kicked my son in the head and smirked at me.
Is it wrong to want to cuss out a 7-year-old?
Because I dearly wanted to.
20 comments:
I missed the previous post but i must say i HATE giant bows. There was one girl who always came to my daughters playgroup dressed like she was going to a fancy party with these massive things in her hair - playgroup is all about painting, art and having fun and ultimetly MESS
Oh no, I missed the post!! LOL!
I am sad that I missed the post too - but I agree with you totally on the bow, the jackboots and the no place for 7 year olds on the same castle as a tyke!
I am SO with you. And I'm sorry I missed the post.
I missed the first post. But dude, some kids are not likable. And neither are their parents.
Definitely not wrong. You should meet my eight-year-old's best friend. Oy veh.
Mean! You are MEAN to taunt us with a snarky post that would have made me snicker but that I can't read.
That said...why didn't you say anything?
When she had on her boots? When she kicked your son? When she was a smartass?
I would have---I have.
I'm not evil or vicious, and I use a positive approach but I will set boundaries and I tell my kids too, as well. Using their words, fwiw.
Yeah I agree with the comment above that not all kids are likable to every person. They may be little but they've got personalities.
P.S. I will somewhat defend fancily dressed kids. My youngest has this princess complex going on and insists on fancifying herself. Everywhere. All the time.
I promise I do not have any issue with her getting all dirty.
I reassure the school all the time, "Oh this was a hand me down dress. She can get our money's worth out of it now, and we don't care. It's play clothes now."
I will reiterate it's HER idea not MINE.
You know. Just in case.
Damn...I really want to read the snarky post.
LOL.
I'd have bitched her out. Cuz I'm like that.
Then again, I'm not winning any parenting prizes so maybe you shouldn't listen to me...
Dang, I missed it.
Seven-year-old bullies parents should pay more attention!
I got behind on my blog reading and missed the snarky post. Rats...I love me some snark!
This little girl sounds spoiled and perhaps in need of a good old fashioned whoopin!
Glad you took the high road!
Now I'm bumming that I missed the post - cuz I really love you and your snarkiness ;-)
Count me among the others who missed the first post (damnit!)
And I wish to steal Mrs. Chicken's comment, because that is exactly what I wanted to say.
It's wrong to cuss her out because she's most likely too far gone to fix into a nice human being. It's not wrong to want to cuss her out tho.
Hugs. Raising kids is hard.
I'm sorry, but if a 7 year old with boots on kicked my 3 year old in the head and her parents did nothing? I'd pull her out myself.
Seriously.
Missed the snarky post, but agree with ewe here...! Gah!
Heidi
Oh, I missed the snarky post - darn! I get the jist though - I'd have not been happy either!
Hope you had a good weekend Cathy - see you later. Kellan
I once referred to one of my students who had an IQ of less than 60 as an "effing bitch" to another colleague.
So I think you were well within your rights :)
Coming out of lurkville to share how disappointed I was to find out I missed the snarky post.
I have a seven year old and a just-turned-four-year-old so I can definitely see both sides of this. NOT.
You are well within your rights.
Eeek - how did you run into my Girl. Except she's just 4 and would never boots this late in the winter season.
Everyone knows ballet flats go with giant bows, of course.
*grin*
Post a Comment