I know we need more space, but leaving our little home will break my heart.
This is the first house I ever bought. It has atrocious 1950s bathroom tile and the usual maddening issues that accompany older houses.
But I love it.
What makes it a home? My home?
My living room at Christmas...


The doggie in the laundry basket.

Our cheery turquoise kitchen.

And the sound of these, pattering down the hallway each evening, tells me, always, that I am home.

This is my contribution to Dawn's Home series for Showin' off Saturday. Go see what others have posted...
17 comments:
It's a nice house Cathy - a nice home! I also live in an old house that will never be the house of my dreams, but it is our home and will always be our home - that is all that matters.
Have a good weekend - Kellan
I can't imagine moving, even though I would imagine we will some day. You fall in love with all the quirks and features and find yourself loving them (or at least appreciating them). Have I mentioned the turquoise pressboard walls in my son's bathroom???
Old houses are wonderful and warm, but they are not without their quirks. That's why I love mine and would have a hard time leaving it, just as I had a hard time leaving the one I lived in before it.
Gosh I love kiddie toes!!
I love this :) Thanks.
This made me teary. So beautiful
kid toes are cosmically right.
i love these shots! what awesome munchkins!
Home is where the family is so I have no doubt your next house will feel like home in no time!
Love these photos and love this post Cathy! I started cracking up when I saw the "What??? Am I in trouble?" look on the dog's face - Yes, I see that look quite often!
You will have an awesome home where ever you live. Because you have your family with you.
But first homes are always special, aren't they?
Your paneling makes me think of my paneling. It's my first home, too.
Like you, I will always have a special place in my heart for our first home -- even though it was tiny. It was ours. Our first mortgage, our very own and I still drive by to see how it's doin'.
I love the pics.
I love the idea of living in a older hourse and yours looks lovely
A beautiful house, and a lovely post, Cathy!
Thanks for sharing.
Heidi
Your house is a very, very fine house. :)
We just moved last summer from our first house where I brought home my babies. We needed more space, and a better town. And, oh, how I agonized about finding the perfect house where my kids would grow up.
There is no perfect house. It's the family and the memories that make a perfect home.
Post a Comment