You brought me an injured shoulder, six freaking months of mono and a holiday season that will be remembered for my stepson's arrest and the three nights I spent in a doctor's office holding a sick child. Oh, yeah, and Hubs' Christmas Eve incapacitation, which involved more whining than my bout with mono. And, of course, the firefighters' special viewing of my maternity bra.
And the mutant rats. Can't forget those.
Or the hair-cutting incident, which occurred 24 hours after my husband shooed me from the house, saying, "You have to learn to trust me."
Even so...
... you also brought me many precious days with these precious little people.

So I suppose I can't complain.
(Much.)
I am grateful ...
... that I will be reunited with Hubs in the next hour after a six-day absence. I'm grateful for our life together. For my poised and gorgeous stepdaughter, even though she makes me look short and stumpy. And for my stepson, who is a good kid with a good heart, despite his efforts to convince us otherwise. (If you've found this blog, T., I mean what I said.)
Happy New Year, all!
(and yes, that is me in the background, in my usual sexy at-home attire)
18 comments:
What a year you've had! (And oh how I can relate!)
Here's to 2008 erring more on the good side of the coin. :)
Here's also to your hubs home soon and completely capacitated.
And to kids being okay.
Julie
Using My Words
no more mono, it has been decreed.
Here's to a happy and drama free new year!!!
happy new year!!
I loved your title, but hope that you have a good year in 2008 - I hope it is great for all of us!! Happy New Year Cathy - see you soon. Kellan
When we bid 2008 adieu, I want you at my house in a formal.
We're going to do this year right, girlfriend.
P
Happy New Year to you and your family.
What a crazy year you've had! I hope this next one is filled with more to be grateful for and fewer injuries and no mutant rats.
-andi
I wish you a fabulous 2008, Cathy!
Happy New-And-Much-Better Year, Cathy! Love your sexy attire. I have a few myself :)
Heidi
That is quite a year, for sure! May 08 be filled with only great things - though it might be a little boring for the rest of us if it is! ;)
You've had your share.
2008 will be amazing, I'm sure of it!
Happy New year Cathy! May 2008 bring you nothing but joy and only good haircuts! :)
You really have had a year! Cheers to 2008!
You did have an eventful 2007. Here's hoping for more and better this year.
Happy New Year Cathy! I hope this year rules!!
Happy new year - I have the same uniform!!!
Happy New Year to you!
Post a Comment