Oh, how sweet, you might think (if his hands were clean). That little boy wants to give me a hug.
But no. The E-man would rest his head on your shoulder and then gently clutch a handful of your hair.
And inhale.
Deeply.
My son is a hair-sniffer. Dogs and their butt-sniffing have nothing on this kid. I can't tell you how many times I've pried him off of daycare teachers, unsuspecting co-workers or perfect strangers.
And each time, I am reminded of this book --

-- Ferdinand, the little bull who wanted only to smell the flowers.
Of course, that story lends itself to adorable drawings, where in this case, we are reminded of this --

<
Remember? The guy pushing his girlfriend on the swing, how at one point he swoops in and sniffs her hair?
I bought my first stash of this stuff before a weeklong stay at summer camp. Loved it. And guess what? You can still find it online.
Tempting, yes, but I won't be ordering any. It was too much for Shaun Cassidy. (Or so he told Tiger Beat.) No tellling what effect it would have on the E-man.
7 comments:
First visit to your blog and, what do you know, we have something in common. I have a sniffer too... but not hair - armpits and boobs. No kidding. Mostly mine, but he'll attempt a to get a good whiff of anyone who snuggles with him! I loved that shampoo... that and Prell!
NO WAY! I loved those ads for "Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific!"
How totally radical ;)
It could be worse than sniffing hair. I can't see in the photo what shampoo that might be. Hmm. Can't even guess.
ha!ha! That's too funny!
How delightfully quirky. If he's still doing it as an adult, though, that's gonna be creepy (hee hee).
Hey, its better than it could be! My cousin used to sniff peoples shoe laces! ;)
You could get him a bottle of that Febreeze stuff...
(btw - had to take down the rofl post - I wasn't supposed to post it until Friday. Woops!)
Post a Comment