That's not to say he discourages my blogging. In fact, he frequently asks whether I'm posting often enough and inquires daily about my stats. Of course, that could be because I filled his head with ridiculous notions of fame and riches. Meaning I may have dropped a few names, like this one, and engaged him in fantasy scenarios in which I made a fortune selling refrigerator magnets featuring our dog.
(OK, so she can't balance anything on that cute little snout. But she is a champion pillow humper.)
So Hubs is all for the blog. As long as he doesn't have to read it.
"I'm scared," he explains, while whipping up some migas. "I always assume I'm going to find something and go --"
He pauses, spatula in mid-air. Then gives an exaggerated shudder, complete with google eyes.
OK, so there was this essay, which basically revealed that he wasn't getting any. And he did hear from several amused co-workers.
I explained that women are very blunt, that we've been known to sketch carnal acts on cocktail napkins during happy hour with our girlfriends. You know, to explain how you got the rug burns?
Anyway...
Hubs has decided ignorance is blissful. Although I think he'd exploit the dog in a heartbeat (maybe doggie porn, given the predilection for humping?) if he thought doing so would bring in the riches.
So -- do your significant others read what you write? Just want to know if I'm the only one with a nervous husband.
16 comments:
that's funny! My husband is a faithful follower... every evening I demand to hear his opinion on my day's post ("it rocked!") and he's my number one fan. But he never fails to tell me when my posts make him nervous/uncomfortable/squeamish (the booby leak one).
my blog was my husband's first. He added me in so I could contribute once and now he never posts on it at all. I think he feels I stole his blog. He doesn't read it too often, but every week or two will catch up.
My husband didn't used to bother, but after he made me my shiny new banner he has started to read it. I'm not sure how I feel about that. It's great when he compliments me on something I write. On the other hand, now I can no longer make disparaging remarks about him or his family (sigh).
My husband could care less. No interest whatsoever. Fine by me. No one in either of our families know about it, not because it is secret but because they aren't into blogs.
Yeah, mine reads my blog! But I do understand why not every husband likes to read his womans rants about everything :)
My husband reads my blog from time to time, nothing serious.
My in-laws are a different story.
mine reads...every day.
rarely comments - online.
always makes a point to criticize when i'm not nice enough about him, though :)
My husband reads my blog which is usually cool, but some days I think about telling him to stop. I'd probably be more open about some things on the blog than I am because I know he's reading.
My stepdaughter (who's 17) and a few of her friends read because she wants to keep up with her little sister and what she's doing. I do wish now that I never told her about it because, again, I can't be as open as I'd like to be.
My husband got furious when I first started my blog. He read it and thought I was revealing too much personal information. Especially that which is critical of him. So, I promised to tone it down, but he's vowed to never set eyes on it again.
Yup. The hubs reads my blog, and tells me when he thinks I've written a good post, and when he thinks a certain post sucked. Nice, eh?
My husband doesn't read my blog. He says it's my space to do what I want - he knows I b*tch about him. He said that it's a way for me to have 'girlfriend' time without going out to lunch every day - and since he doesn't come to lunch with me and my girlfriends (where he knows we b*tch about all the husbands) he said he won't read my blog.
Nope. Doesn't have an interest. I didn't want him to at first as it was a big secret. I had intended, as you said, to dish about him but it mostly just turned into everyday drivel. So, I don't think he gives a rip about the drivel...ha!
Very funny! Your poor long suffering husband.
I've had those ridiculous fantasies about being like that famous blogger (but I won't give her links on my blog, because I'm jealous!). My husband reads (he is also my editor, but I don't give away bedroom secrets so he has nothing to worry about). I've even gotten him to write on it! Scared him half to death.
Yeah mine started my blog for me LOL.
And so he reads and even comments every now again, like this week. He skips all the interesting and meaty talk and comments on my geeky "Blog Makeover" post LOL.
Are we married to the same man, cause I AM NOT into polygamy!?
He refuses to read and is sure that I only talk about him and complain about him...I have to remind him that my blog isn't about HIM, it's about ME!!
I do read things to him that I think are really funny and I usually get a half-hearted chuckle.
Fun topic!!
Sometimes. But I just disclosed the blog to my MOTHER IN LAW today. Hang on tight -- it's going to be quite a ride!
Post a Comment