Monday, May 07, 2007

Memo to National Mammoth Drug Store:

As of today, May 7, 2007, we are through.

Why?

Because when I called to refill my birth control pills, you told me you were out. And so were the FIVE surrounding stores.

Oh, c'mon. I live in Arkansas. We breed, chug beer, do a little birthin' -- and you're telling me that, suddenly, an unprecedented number of us decided to break rank and -- gasp! -- seek contraceptives?!

And that as a result your vast pharmaceutical coffers are empty?

I think not.

I mean, the only reason I'm on the pill is because I've gotta lose the extra 30 pounds before I brave another nine months of peanut M&M cravings.

Oh, yeah, and the anti-crazy pills -- not ready to give those up quite yet, you know.

And of course, there's the small matter of being able to afford a third child. Ha. Ha-ha. HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!

But my fellow Arkansans -- ye of the birthing hips designed for lugging small children while grasping a ciggie in one hand and a Bud Lite in the other -- you, YOU too have decided to become anti-ovulatory?

I'll be gol-darned. And here I thought I had a corner on the contraceptives market.

So. Well. Looks like a particuarly frustrating month awaits the Hubs.

I, on the other hand, might actually make it through the five library books I optimistically checked out a week ago.

1 comment:

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

I am so sorry. I hope Hubs doesn't take tonight to be one of those 'crawl on top of you and suck on your boobs' nights (Thanks for the comment; I'm kinda proud to have made that statement!).

I hate to admit it but I was dying laughing at this post... I hope I didn't just jinx myself because we're definitely not ready for #3!