Sunday, May 13, 2007

When did I finally realize I was a Mom...

... as opposed to the misty-eyed imposter romping through Baby Depot, flinging onsies into my cart?

ANSWER: On the day I ran to the living room, responding to the screams of my bloody-nosed preschooler, and, rather than shrieking in horror, calmly lectured her in my perfect Mommy voice as I plucked her from the floor, "I told you this would happen if you kept jumping on the couch. I TOLD YOU!"

And now -- What makes the perfect mother's day, now that I know I'm the real deal:

1. A framed 8 1/2-by-10 of the kids. (photo taken by Hubs)



And ... drum roll ...

2. A toddler who slept this ONE morning until (gasp!) 9:30 a.m.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh ha, I've done something like that too, where part of me wants to be warm and sympathetic but I end up just saying, "well that is EXACTLY why we don't do that!"

OhTheJoys said...

9:30?!

So jealous!!