Thursday, February 22, 2007

Daycare daydreams...

My friend C. and I often draw up plans for the perfect daycare, which would:

1.) Collect your children directly from the vehicle each morning while handing you a to-go cup of coffee.

2.) Offer salon services for children whose bangs desperately need to be trimmed.

3.) Offer salon services to mothers who cringe at the prospect of hauling the kids along to a Saturday highlights appointment.

4.) Operate a sick room for kids who would normally be kicked out because of a 99.9-degree fever. (Note to daycares: By the time you call me to collect my sniffling, runny-nosed child, he/she has already exposed everyone else to the current illness of the week. And really, I don't have enough sick days to cover every episode of inexplicable low-grade fever.)

5.) Bring children out to the car at pickup time while handing you a bottle of wine and the week's dry cleaning.

2 comments:

Becca said...

I actually called our day care while enroute about a week ago and asked the assistant director to bring out our middle one. We had to pick up the baby for a low-grade fever (which never registered again) earlier that morning and had our oldest (she's only in a 2-day Pre-K program) with me. I didn't want to drag both out of the van and into the center in the 30-degree, 25 mph winds and risk further exposure. She obliged and even had her bundled up perfectly. Now, if only she could have helped with the low-bread and peanut butter issue. Think it turned into another mac & cheese night.

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

I LOVE this! I'd add dinner to the #5.
And thanks for visiting my blog!