Sunday, January 13, 2008

My uterus isn't the only thing that's worn out

If I'd known the physical toll of child-rearing -- not bearing, but the actual raisin' up of these youngins -- I'd have found myself a gym trainer willing to spend 24 hours a day prepping me for this motherhood business.

Or I would have had the kiddos 10 years earlier, back when I was young and spry.

I've got bursitis in one hip, a strained Achilles tendon and my baby-carrying, toddler-hoisting shoulder is just about shot all to hell.

I'm 37 and my poor body is falling apart.

Thank goodness I got rid of the bunions BEFORE having kids or my feet would be worthless too.

As for my appearance, well, let's just say baby-making has affected that as well.

I don't have saddlebags. No, siree. I've got a whole set of luggage on each thigh.



Am I not brave, posting that photo on the Internetz? No, not drunk. Merely resigned.

22 comments:

Crazed Nitwit said...

AW stop your whining! You look freakin' AWESOME!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Honey - You look so beautiful! Isn't it amazing the toll those GD kids take on our bods?? Our minds? Our souls?

Kellan said...

I gain wait from the feet up and lose weight from the head down - I know about these lbs. you are talking about - but you look like all of us - Moms! We all look alike and we are fine! If you need to take off some weight to make yourself feel better - then I am here to support you - but, you look great! Take care and I love this picture. Kellan

flutter said...

You look beautiful to me honey.

Family Adventure said...

Cathy, for goodness' sake. Look around, girl. I would hate to stand next to you in that picture. You look awesome!

Heidi :)

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I had my oldest when I was 33 and the youngest when I was 37 (Ten years ago? That can't be right.) No one tells you about the physical toll on your body.

I don't know what I am going to do when they are bigger than me!

You look great in the photo.

Anonymous said...

Hawt, you are.

And btw, you dont see me posting bathing suit pics of myself on the internet. Me not so brave.

we_be_toys said...

You look pretty good for an old broad with bursitis and a shot arm!
I loved your last post too, the uterus-tightening stories told to the expectant mother - OY! The gift that keeps on giving, because when its her turn, she'll be passing on those stories too!

Nell said...

It is brave, but you look great! I'm a teensy bit younger than you, but most of the time I feel like I'm falling apart too. And after all that running around after small children I just can never seem to find the motivation to do anything for myself.

Anonymous said...

You are brave, but I still think you look awesome. Your luggage looks like carry-on compared to the size of my monstrous baggage.

-andi

Damselfly said...

Sigh. I'm about your age and I'm just starting with the kiddo(s). You know you're old when you're trying to tiptoe across your baby's room, and your joints crack loudly enough to almost wake him up.

I'd say those legs of yours are all muscle.

Anonymous said...

Look at you, you hot momma.

Way to go. I love it.

MadMad said...

Aw, you look great! And if it's any consolation, things actually get better in the next few years, as the kids get older and you aren't as exhausted; you'll have more time and energy to exercise, and more time to sleep - and really, I think sleeping is at least half the battle.

Anonymous said...

You are brave, most of us gals are too chicken to show what REAL women look like!

Unknown said...

it is a horrible thing those damn kids do to our body. ;)

dawn224 said...

we have the same legs! Same color too!

Julie Pippert said...

The physical tough part...ay yi yi. My dogs are SCREAMING today.

And as for you, you look mahvelous and I'm not just sayin'.

Why are we moms and women so hard on our looks. I put up photos on my blog and someone says something nice and I'm thinking, what, can't you see (flaw)...!?!?!

ShannanB said...

Sometimes I look in the mirror and I think.. What the Hell happened???

But then you look at their little faces or you feel their arms around you and you forget about.

You look great!

carrie said...

Cathy, you ARE beautiful.

You are my hero.

Keeping It Real said...

Tuh-weeeeeeett! That's me whisling at that hot mama.

You look great, girl, but I totally feel you regarding the raising of the little farts (mine, not yours).

Nadine said...

Shut up Cathy, you look great!

Tim is looking at the photo with me and says "baby! baby! baby!" :)

Victoria said...

Yep, shut up. You look happy and content. Life's too short, honey!