Sunday, August 05, 2007

Earlier in-law post deleted...

... for obvious reasons. But I do have stories from this weekend. Later. After I've recovered from the drive home.

********************

In other news, I spent last night baby-hogging an adorable 4-week-old boy.

I wanted to take him home... or maybe make another one of my own.

... until my daughter and son -- functioning on too little sleep and entirely too much sugar -- threw the Mother of all Temper Tantrums, jointly, no less, when I put them to bed. The shrieking!!!! The screaming!!!!!

And any thoughts of tossing out my birth control pills evaporated -- pooooof!

I love my two little stinkers dearly. I do.

But last night I could have labeled and marketed them as 100-percent-effective contraceptives.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A joint temper tantrum? That sounds like loads of fun. I hope you get some time to relax after your "vacation".

Jen said...

Hah! I hear you so very loud and clear. Dual tantrums are excellent birth control!

Waiting for excellent in-law story.....

Damselfly said...

Tantrums: the best birth control devices? :)

I saw a newborn at the local baby superstore today, and melted.

Keeping It Real said...

I love the kind of babies you can give back to their own mommies.

Nadine said...

Haha! Very, very expensive birth control!

Knock knock - it's cancer! said...

That'll teach you to think about having any more 'angels'!! LOL.

Nell said...

Borrowing babies is the best, isn't it? I do a trade with a friend of mine - Italian lessons in exchange for babysitting her adorable 9 month old. I really think I got the best end of the bargain.