Dear Obnoxious Fellow Gym Members:
1.) The gym is not a daycare. Do you think no one notices how you sneak out -- sans children -- five minutes after signing in? Do you think no one notices that your unsupervised kids are running amok?
2.) Your child's roller skate tennis shoes? Do. Not. Belong. On. The. Basketball. Court. Or anywhere else. The senior citizen very nearly plowed down by your kid will attest to this.
3.) If your 8ish-year-old boy is capable of joking about female genitalia, then for the love of God, please recognize that HE IS TOO OLD TO BE HANGING OUT IN THE WOMEN'S LOCKER ROOM.
4.) Your 8ish-year-old boy's penis? DO NOT NEED TO SEE IT. Get him out of the locker room. N-O-W.
5.) Speaking of the locker room -- the whirlpool located there is NOT a baby pool. I sit in the hot tub to relax, NOT to ensure that your 5-year-old doesn't drown.
6.) What part of: CHILDREN UNDER 15 NOT ALLOWED IN WEIGHTS AREA UNLESS SUPERVISED BY AN ADULT do you not understand? The leg press is not a toy. Get your kid off the freaking machine.
To summarize: I go to the gym to get brief break from my kids. I do not want to deal with yours. The gym offers several child-care options. Since you appear unable to control (or even watch) your kids, I suggest you start using those options like everyone else.
Sincerely,
Irate Fellow Gym Member (who also happens to be a parent)
10 comments:
ooh how annoying. maybe you could use some of those stretchy bands to tie the children to the bench press until mommy comes back for them?! ;)
I am printing this off right now and posting it all over my gym. It was totally dead-on!
I never realized how lucky we are at my gym until I read your rant. They're very strict at ours: no kids under 13 in the locker rooms(they have separate, family locker rooms if we need to bring the kids to change, etc.). Kids 8 and above can only work out if accompanied by a parent and only during certain hours. And, the daycare is located at the very front where people have to come and go. None of the front desk or daycare staff would miss a mom sneaking out! Not that I've ever considered it (ahem).
You should send this rant to your gym manager. They should help police people who can't control their kids. What a pain to have to put up with all that crap.
OMG how obnoxious!!
But I am totally LOL, albeit in an annoyed way.
WTF is wrong with some people?
Julie
Ravin' Picture Maven
This is making me rethink my urge to join a gym!
Dear Ginormous Geriatric Water Aerobics Class Member,
Mine is a lap lane. Please get back in the deep end. (Other side of the rope, friend.)
Best,
OTJ
This is why I've given up on the gym and started doing yoga/pilates. Though I stick out like a sore thumb in the sea of size 2s, um...the atmosphere is a hell of a lot more Zen.
Word.
Just found your blog...must say "I love it!!!"
And I totally agree with ALL of your gym issues. Now that both of my kiddos are in school (& I no longer require gym daycare services)I have switched to a "Kid-free gym". Gotta love it!
#1 -- are you serious?!
You go, girl. How rude of other parents. Maybe you could casually drop a weight on one?
Post a Comment