Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Out

The restaurant was bustling. Active toddlers fleeing from harried parents in pursuit. Moms and Dads sopping up spills. Shrieks of indignation from the unlucky few unable to escape from a high chair or booster seat.

A waiter appeared at my table in the bar.

"Left the family at home?" he asked.

I grinned. "All of them."

He surveyed the chaos and laughed. "Now this is the way to celebrate Mother's Day," he said.

I turned another page of my book.

"I totally agree."

*****************************

The kids made construction-paper gifts for me all weekend. I got two lovely cards from my stepkids. And then I spent the ENTIRE afternoon ALONE.

Bliss.

15 comments:

Pgoodness said...

YES!!! Good for you!! Happy Mother's Day

jeanie said...

Oh yes, bliss is when you can think of them fondly from afar!

Family Adventure said...

Seriously perfect. Good for you!

Heidi

Nell said...

Sounds perfect, if my day hadn't been good too, I'd be seriously jealous! Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Oh perfect! Glad you had an awesome day.

Beth Cotell said...

That sounds like a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, darlin'. Well done. :)

delaneydiariesmama said...

Ooooh, I'm so jealous (but happy for you, of course!). I had a horrible MD and am starting to question my sanity regarding my choice to becomea mother in the first place. Your day sounds like bliss.

MadMad said...

Oh, happy sigh... that's awesome!

Candance said...

If I hadn't been bribed with tickets to see Dolly Parton, I would've asked for that very kind of day. It does sound like total bliss.

Glad you had a great day!!!

ShannanB said...

That is awesome. What a relaxing way to spend the day.

shay said...

oh wow! just wow!

How wonderful!

Damselfly said...

Wow!

Misty DawnS said...

Oh WOW! That sounds wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh to be alone!!! Sweet alone-ness!!!

Belated Happy Mother's Day to you.