Sunday, March 16, 2008

What you don't want to see or hear right before bed:

1.) Your husband, crouched on the floor, sniffing the heating vent.

2.) Your husband asking in a fake-nonchalant sort of way, "Does it smell like something ... oh, I probably shouldn't say it ... but, well ... does it smell like something is burning to you?"

Translated: Hey, my darling neurotic, paranoid wife, let me ensure that you lie awake until 3 a.m. imagining that you just saw a plume of smoke in the corner.

14 comments:

flutter said...

I am so very glad he is there to calm you down ;p

Kellan said...

Nope - I wouldn't be the one you would want to mention such a thing to either - right before bed. My husband would go right to sleep - even if he had smelt smoke. Hope there was not anything really burning! Hope you had a good weekend - see you soon. Kellan

Family Adventure said...

Ack! Men...

Heidi

MadMad said...

Ha! Cuz we need one more thing keeping us up worrying, right?

Beth Cotell said...

And I'm sure he slept like a baby!

carrie said...

At least you would have had time to "prepare" for the firemen this time!

dawn224 said...

your payback, "honey, does your hair look thinner on top than normal?"

ninjapoodles said...

Yeah, mine wouldn't do that, because he'd know that from that point on, HE wouldn't be getting any rest, as I'd be poking him awake every 5 minutes, saying, "Seriously--I really think I smell smoke."

jeanie said...

Ouch! I am thankful it is something that will never happen here. Mainly because we don't have vents!

Anonymous said...

Snicker. I like Dawn224's idea of payback.

Victoria said...

Yikes. Not good.

Damselfly said...

Your husband and my friend. She once said to me, "Aren't you afraid of that wall in front of your house? Like a murderer is going to jump out from behind it as you come home one night?"

ShannanB said...

What a stinker! Sounds like something my husband would do.

Misty DawnS said...

OK, it is starting to get a little creepy how much alike we are!