Thursday, June 19, 2008

On hiatus

I'm working on two long-term projects and ...

... equally exciting ...

... I'm about to start another regular writing gig with a mama/reporter friend of mine.

I'm immersed at work. I have more to write at night. And, just before the kids go to bed, we chase fireflies across the lawn.

I am reveling in this quickened pace, but there is little time to blog. I will be dropping in on yours, and I may post here periodically as time allows.

But right now, I have to focus on what's right in front of me, here IRL.

Be well.

In 45 minutes, I'll be out on the front porch swing, bare feet dangling, drinking a glass of wine and pointing the kids toward tiny, blinking lights.

23 comments:

Heather said...

It sounds like some new and exciting things are going on for you. Yay!

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I'll miss you, but my god, how I understand! Good luck on your new adventures.

jeanie said...

Enjoy!!!

cara said...

That sounds really lovely, I'd like some fireflies!

I'll miss you very much, I love your blog, but I hope that your new projects are wonderful and inspiring and that when you do come back you'll have some great tales to tell!

Julie Pippert said...

GL!

And what a marvelous sounding evening.

Damselfly said...

Will miss you!

Amanda said...

Bliss. We'll enjoy the morsels you leave form time to time!

the new girl said...

Enjoy!

carrie said...

We'll miss you! Keep us posted when you can, and have fun watching your kids play in the evening from your swing (that sounds like a little chunk of heaven right there)!

Paige said...

Awesome. Good for you.

Email me when you get a chance and let me know what's what.

XO,
Me

ShannanB said...

Will be here when you get back. Its hard to blog when the weather is so great.

Family Adventure said...

Enjoying time in real life. What a concept! Have fun, and I will catch you when the weather turns cold and we're all stuck inside again :)

Heidi

Eternal Sunshine said...

Enjoy life!!

I love me some fireflies. My kids aren't terribly interested in chasing them, so I end up doing it all by myself! LOL!

Nell said...

As you can probably tell by my sudden (and belated) flurry of comments, you're not alone. Do what you need to do, we'll be here (more or less) when you get back.

Nadine said...

I'll miss you Cathy!

But I do wish I could join you on the porch. That's sounds awesome!

delaneydiariesmama said...

Again, with the parallel lives! Hope you're having fun. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Read about your new column in the newspaper today. Congrats!! Can't wait to read it!

MadMad said...

Enjoy the fireflies and good luck with the work! Sounds exciting!

Maggie, Dammit said...

Great minds think alike (I'm out, too, but for good.)

Onward and upward!

It's been a pleasure reading you.

xoxo
M

ShannanB said...

Just checking in on you... Have a great 4th of July!

Victoria said...

Can I come over? That sounds perfect.

Emily said...

What part of Arkie do you live in...I haven't been able to find a good firefly for months

Jen said...

I know you're busy - but just wanted to stop by and say I miss your blog!!