I'm normally terrible about getting around to memes, but I'm proud to say I'm all over this one.
She tagged me, after being tagged by her.
Here are the rules:
Pick up the nearest book of at least 123 pages.
Open the book to page 123.
Find the 5th sentence.
Post the next 3 sentences.
Tag 5 people.
I love to read and am always on the lookout for new title & authors, so this meme sounded mighty appealing to me.
So — here's my contribution, from The Sonnet Lover by Carol Goodman. (I'm about halfway through it. Loved her other books.)
"That was her room," he told me. "Some say she built a pyre out of broken furniture and firewood right on top of her bed and burned all her poems and all the roses her lover had sent her over the years so that everyone for miles around could smell the scent of burning roses."
"Wow," I said, imagining it -- the dead rose petals catching fire, their scent rising on the air.
And now I'm tagging:
flutter, because a lot of my favorite authors, such as Alice Sebold, appear on her goodreads bookshelves. She has not yet listed, however, what she's currently reading.
Julie, because her essays intrigue me so much that I simply have to know what she likes to read
Mrs. Chicken, because I want to know if our tastes are similar
Redsy, because I love the turn her life has taken and am interested to find out what's on her nightstand.
and the moosh's mom, because I'm betting she's got a few surprises on those bookshelves.
So go for it. My book stack is dwindling. Give me some ideas. And then tag a few others while you're at it.
5 comments:
Thanks for playing along.
I'll have to check Carol Goodman out...like, in a reading way.
XO,
Ivy
That's a perfect paragraph. I'll have to check it out. I'm in the middle of like three books right now. None are really grabbing me.
You got it!
I'm going to have to pick a new book, I just finished one and I doubt anyone wants to hear me quote the Bible. Heh.
Ooh I do like that writer.
Me?
Oy vey! Thanks!
I subconsciously end up with a theme. How? No clue LOL.
I did Bridge of Sighs (Venice) then City of Falling Angels (Venice) then Donna Leon (Venice).
Unintentional!
Am also here to make sure the weather reports have nothing to do with you!
Post a Comment