Friday, November 10, 2006

The universe just spit on me...

I just returned from an emergency trip to the eye doctor's office, where I explained to the extremely good-looking & confused doc how I was just crossing the street, minding my own business, when a teeny-tiny drop of what I believed to be water fell from the sky and — with dazzling presicion — landed in the corner of my eye.

At first I thought it was rain.

Then, when my eye started burning like holy hell, I wiped away the moisture and smelled my hand. Definitely a chemical of some sort.

But what? Jet fuel? Some random drop of freon from someone's window unit? (It's 82 degrees here today.)

I have no idea.

I ran into the newsroom, flushed out my eye, and then, when it kept burning, asked a friend to drive me to the doctor's office.

He says I'm fine.

I'm not so sure. Seems to me someone — or something — up there considers me a target. What's next — some dagger-shaped piece of metal shot from a satellite that dropped unexpectedly from the Earth's orbit?

If this is my Friday, I truly fear Monday.

No comments: